WoodWaiter Firewood Lift
If you dislike carrying firewood up from the basement and through the house and hate cleaning up wood chips afterwards, the residential firewood lift WoodWaiter is the ideal solution for you!
With it's rugged construction, simple installation and built-in safety features, the WoodWaiter is an efficient firewood elevator for moving firewood from the basement to floor level.
- Moves firewood, groceries or other inanimate objects from basement to floor level
- Runs quietly
- Is built rock solid to handle standard 16'' or 24'' wood
- Is labour saving
- Is key operated and relay controlled
- Is locked securely when the key is removed
- Can be set at any convenient loading height
- Can be installed in any house with sufficient clearance
- Has a built-in circuit breaker that will automatically stop the unit if overloaded or jammed
- Can be installed simply by the home handyman or handywoman
- No special tools required to install
- Is shipped tested and assembled
- The 4 sides of the wood box could be made out of sheet metal for lifting pellets or other loose materials
- The residential dumbwaiter WoodWaiter hangs from floor joists and is not attached to the basement floor
- CSA approved in Canada and United States
- Guaranteed for 5 years
Models and layouts
- Trap door made from floor cut out or plywood
- Top frame
- Safety bar
- Expanded metal woodbox
- Buttress thread screw
- Toggle switch
- Safety key control
- Electric motor
- PVC motor covers
- Overload circuit breaker
- 120v electrical connection box
WoodWaiter FireWood Lift Installation
WoodWaiter Installation Procedure:
Preparing for the WoodWaiter
(Please refer to the shop drawings for additional details)
Models 100, 120, 140 Require a finished floor opening 22” wide by 20” deep
Models 102, 122, 142 Require a finished floor opening 22” wide by 28” deep
Models 103, 123, 143 Require a finished floor opening 30” wide by 20” deep
Models 104, 124, 144 Require a finished floor opening 30” wide by 28” deep
- Remove the nuts & lockwashers from the top frame and remove the top frame from the top of the WoodWaiter.
- Attach the top frame in the floor opening with lagscrews or concrete anchors using the 8 pre-drilled holes. The top frame should be mounted in the floor opening 1 ¾ inches below the floor surface.
- Next reattach the WoodWaiter to the secured top frame. The PVC motor covers should never come into contact with the basement floor.
- Connect the 120v power (a dedicated 15 amp breaker is recommended) and optional additional key control (to operate the WoodWaiter from upstairs) and your installation is complete.
To start the WoodWaiter place the toggle switch in the desired direction of travel and insert the key (keys are shipped in the electrical junction box) Turn & hold the key to operate. The WoodWaiter basket will stop automatically once it reaches its travel limit in either direction.
The only maintenance required is a few drops of oil placed on the very top of each lift screw annually. Please note that there is a reset button on the end of the electrical box at the bottom of the unit that will trip if the 200 lbs capacity is surpassed or the basket is jammed.
WoodWaiter FireWood Lift Plans & Prices
Short model -- 4-1⁄'4' (10x series recommended for a floor to floor elevation 5-7')
Long model -- 6-1⁄'2' (12x series recommended for a floor to floor elevation 7-10')
Extra long model -- 8' (14x series recommended for a floor to floor elevation 10-12')
Travelling time for full distance
Short model -- 22 sec.
Long model -- 32 sec.
Extra long model -- 40 sec.
Maximum lift capacity
Powered by a 1/3 HP motor with a 7 amp. circuit breaker 120v AC.
Wrought Iron framed basket ( standard height 20 inches ) with expanded metal sides.
Extra Key control switch $69.00
Roll out cart - upper level $495.00
- Model 100
- Model 102
- Model 103
- Model 104
- Model 120
- Model 122
- Model 123
- Model 124
- Model 140
- Model 142
- Model 143
- Model 144
Contact us for a free quote